Sunday, September 14, 2008

Table Manner...

All this while Eeanne has been trained to take her meal while watching Barney, the main purpose was to distract her so she will open her mouth and swallow her food.

Recently read some articles and noted this habbit is really bad and can cause risk to kids in long run. Oh no...we have been cultivating bad habbit for Eeanne for so long.

Today, I tried to train her on table manner, so I put her on her baby high chair and sat together with me at the dinner table for breakfast. I gave Eeanne a set of bowl and spoon, hopefully she will sit quietly and feed herself. I started by putting a little bit of her favourite sesame powder on her own bowl, initially it was still alright and she is willing to eat her cereal, slowly she started to use her hand to put into her bowl and play around with the sesame powder.

Oh..you can never stop a baby from doing what she like...When I told her "NO" and took away her bowl, again she screamed "no...no" and reluctant to continue her cereal.

No choice, I had to give in! By the time I handed over the sesame bowl to Eeanne, she was throwing tantum and threw the bowl to the floor!! All the sesame powder scattered around the dinner carpet..oh I almost vomit blood!

Finally I have to switch on the Barney and trying to feed her, but Eeanne had already lost her appetite.

Really not easy to train a baby...Think I will take Leona's advice to put the sheets or newspaper on the floor and buy the Ikea special bib where the food will fall inside the bib.

0 comments:

My Happy Family

Related Posts with Thumbnails