Sunday, October 19, 2008

Be Present...

Today mummy and daddy just went for the movie of Mamma Mia. It is really a good, relaxing and touching movie, there was one scene mommy really lost control of herself where she shed her tears very naturally without knowing why....

It is the scene when Donna, Sophie's mum helping Sophie to prepare herself for the wedding. The song by ABBA "Slipping Through My Fingers" was played on that scene. The lyric goes like this:

Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile
I watch her go with a surge of that well known sadness and I have to sit down for a while, the feeling that I’m loosing her forever and without really entering her world. I’m glad whenever I can share her laughter, that funny little girl

Slipping through my fingers all the time, I try to capture every minute the feeling in it, slipping through my fingers all the time.
Do I really see what’s in her mind? each time I think I’m close to knowing...she keeps on growing, slipping through my fingers all the time.

Sleep in our eyes, her and me at the breakfast table, barely awake I let precious time go by. Then when she’s gone there’s that odd melancholy feeling and a sense of guilt I can’t deny. What happened to the wonderful adventures, the places I had planned for us to go? Well.. some of that we did but most we didn’t and why I just don’t know.

Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture and save it from the funny tricks of time. Slipping through my fingers....


Suddenly this song really hit me. Suddenly I have the frightened feeling on seeing Eeanne grows...I just hope she won't grow that fast. Huh, how stupid and ridiculous mummy is. I realise that I'm too attach to Eeanne which is not a healthy sign.

Now I understand why my mother cried so badly on my wedding day even she knows that we will still see each other and talk through the phone so often.

Very soon..times fly as we know, Eeanne will have her own thinking and own circle of living, of course she will not understand how mummy feel now just like mummy never ever understand why grandmom cried for mummy.

Since become a mom for Eeanne, I appreciate more on what my mum had done for me. It is really true that you will not ever feel & truly understand the love between the mother and daughter's bonding until you become a mum by yourself. The love and bonding is really undescribable by words, can only be felt....

Now I look at Eeanne, her innocent and happy smile. Mummy and daddy really need to be present and treasure every moment that we spend together. The memory of her trying hard to open her eye to see the world at the hospital, her first smile, seeing her learning to turn, sit, crawl, stand, walk and now run...etc etc...all these happen just so fast (feel like just happen yesterady) and now it is really a history already and 2 years more Eeanne will be ready for nursing school....Wah...it is really so fast!! I really afraid of the empty nest feeling!!

Be present! Be present! Eeanne's growing process is a definite. Daddy and mummy will precious the every single moment with you. Your presence and laughter have bring so much joy to our life and make us a complete happy family. Yes..it will slip through our fingers, yet it will be a memorable one!

Slipping through my fingers......

Eeanne 1st day to this beautiful world
Eeanne 1st shower at her home sweet home...


Eeanne 8 weeks old



Eeanne today (16 mth 22 day old) at FGS temple, acting like a big sister taking care of a baby...

0 comments:

My Happy Family

Related Posts with Thumbnails